By building a Murphy bed that folds down from a cabinet, any room can be ready for overnight guests at a moment’s notice. And when the guests are gone, the bed folds back into the cabinet. What makes this quick conversion possible is a specialized hardware kit that allows the bed to fold up into the cabinet. The bed frame that holds the mattress and the cabinet that the bed folds up into both have parts of this hardware mounted on them. When assembled, these pieces of hardware produce a smoothly operating Murphy bed. Even with the specialized hardware, building a Murphy bed is, admittedly, no small undertaking. But the woodworking techniques involved are fairly straightforward, and our construction tips take “Murphy’s Law” out of this Murphy bed project.
- 17 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions including
- Full-color photos, illustrations and exploded views
- Includes plans for the side display cabinets
- Shop tips and techniques guanantee your success
- Cutting diagrams. Materials list
- Retail sources for the hardware