Are you looking to build a Bench Glider? These templates are ideal for the DIY’er and even more ideal for those who might want to sell these locally. I have two options for physical template material; Both are CNC cut so they are accurate and precise.
- MDF: The first option is a sturdy MDF set of templates which comes at a slightly higher price and slightly higher shipping cost. However, these are ready to go templates you can set on your board and use a router with a flush trim bit, to copy.
- PLASTIC: The second option is a plastic set of templates which is much cheaper to ship since it’s a lightweight plastic called polystyrene. With these you would set the templates on your board, trace the shape, then cut out using a bandsaw or jigsaw. You could make the templates on any material of your choice.
Digital Template Option:
- This is a PDF digital download that will allow you to print your own paper templates for the Bench Glider.
- These are created at a 1:1 ratio and you’ll receive a PDF that you can print yourself (Letter size print)
- With this printed option, you set the templates on your board, trace the shape, then cut out using a bandsaw or jigsaw. You could make the templates on any material of your choice.
- This digital download is sent via email upon purchase.
An order comes with four templates. One for the arm, back support, bottom support, and vertical arm support. All other parts required for the glider are rectangular and do not require a template (the dimensions are in the plans). If you haven’t already, check out the YouTube video HERE to see how the Bench Glider comes together.
A purchase of these templates includes the PLANS I have for this project.
These templates will also work to build my Porch Swing! You will need to additionally buy the Porch Swing Plans HERE
Note: for shipping to CANADA, only the plastic templates are available at this time.