I recently tackled a project that has been on my to do list for a while. I needed to tear down and rebuild a two story staircase at my house. While the staircase was still standing, it was in rough shape and is becoming dangerous. Whoever built it didn’t use treated material and my boot has gone through more than one tread.
While I did replace the worst of them, the stringers are also so rotten that a screw breaks it apart more instead of holding. It was also put together with non ring shank nails which are backing themselves out now. With all the problems, it’s easiest if I just knock it down and start over. I’ve now built lets see….1, 2, 3….sets of stairs. So lets go ahead and put number 4 on the books!
Check out the video above to see the whole process!
Things I Used in This Project:
- ISOtunes Ear Protection: http://bit.ly/2YuZBtr https://bit.ly/2Cf6OXP
- Fence Armor: https://bit.ly/3fGs2gt
- Simpson Strong Tie: https://bit.ly/3l9N2gB
- Stain and Seal: https://bit.ly/36bCkSA
- Post Saver Sleeve: https://bit.ly/33k1rkb
- Triton Circular Saw: https://amzn.to/2u3FzLT
- Clamps: https://amzn.to/2YZ0Dxk
- Palm Nailer: https://amzn.to/2KM8Rqd
- Simpson Joist Hangers: https://amzn.to/3fFTzhW
- Simpson Stringer Hangers: https://amzn.to/36bkjUA
- Triton Jigsaw: https://amzn.to/2MAs929
- Fence Armor Post Protectors: https://bit.ly/39gAyBI
Check out my other Stair projects here:
- Large Outdoor Staircase: https://youtu.be/pCFsroLfTaI
- Small Outdoor Staircase: https://youtu.be/Qavv0CmczU0
- Curved Staircase: https://youtu.be/BcKryyH2Eow
Video on laying out stair stringers: http://bit.ly/2Bw69go
If you haven’t already, don’t forget to sign up at the top of this page for my newsletter so you don’t miss new projects!
(Most of the links listed above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thank you for supporting me in this way.)